Do you have a Fatty Liver?
You may and not know it.
Local research studies are enrolling now.
Those who qualify may receive*:
- Payment up to $750, which varies by study
- Study-related care at no cost from local
doctors – which may include a liver scan
- Study medication at no cost
Plus, no cost to you.
No health insurance or referral needed.
COVID-19 update — we remain open.
For the safety of both staff and patients, we require that our research sites are COVID-19 SMART facilities. That means they use best practices to reduce virus exposure and are dedicated to ensuring they remain open and available for the research of investigational medications.
COVID-19 SMART steps we are taking to ensure safety include:
- Greatly increased availability of video office visits
- Ensuring social distancing measures are taken in all waiting areas
- Continuing the practice of cleaning and disinfecting exams rooms thoroughly between every patient visit
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff members at our health clinics
Many Americans have “a fatty liver.” When not due to excess alcohol it’s called NAFLD (Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease).
- Most have no symptoms, however, left untreated it can progress to NASH (Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis)—or worse—to Cirrhosis. These conditions are when the liver starts to show signs of scarring, which leads to liver failure.
- A fatty liver is often the result of other health conditions, like diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol and/or high blood pressure. Even being over 50 increases your risk.
- The good news is—when caught early—diet and lifestyle changes can repair the liver, but there are currently no medications to treat either NAFLD or NASH. Doctors would like to change that…
- If you have a fatty liver, you may qualify for local research studies testing investigational medications for NAFLD and/or NASH.
Take the next step to see if you qualify for local research studies for people with Fatty Liver Disease. But don’t delay — space is limited!